The Kingdom Declaration
Church and State Ministries was founded to help Christians understand the prophetic voice of the Church. This isn’t the gift of future insights by the Holy Spirit per se, but the imperative declarations of God’s Kingdom and Truth as templated in many ways by the prophetic ministry of John the Baptist.
Christians are increasingly understanding the spiritual power of confessing with our mouths what we believe in our hearts despite – not denying – what we see in the natural. The below declaration cooperates with the same principles observed during the greatest miracle of all, being “born again”, as Jesus described it. Romans 10:9-10 teaches that if we believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead and we sincerely confess Jesus as our personal Lord: that miracle happens by such faith.
Romans 4:16-17 also describes that those who have the same faith as Abraham are the spiritual descendants of Abraham. That faith is described as believing in “the God who makes the dead alive and summons the things that do not yet exist as though they already do,” and was credited to Abraham as righteousness.
It is with that kind of faith, combining belief in God’s Word with vocal confession, that The Kingdom Declaration is intended to be used, especially in congregations of believers. Really, this could just be called the Christian’s confession, as it is not restricted to certain gifts, callings or ministries/vocations; but is as universal as the Great Commission itself, and is in fact a natural implication of that mandate.
Further Explanatory Notes
Given the broader context of Scripture with multiple references to God’s expectation that His people intervene in injustice and rebuke oppressors, it is no stretch to apply the prophetic duty of care to not just a specific role or spiritual gift, but to everyone who seeks to meet the standard of a loving neighbour, as parabled by Jesus.
In that attitude we understand the Biblical need for constantly influencing government and policy to promote God’s justice and mercy, peace and liberty to all our fellow countrymen and those amongst us. The fundamental need is the preaching of the unadulterated Gospel throughout our cities and nation, and the flow on result desired is the societal restoration and reform which maximises everyone’s potential for flourishing.
“Partnering” with God reflects the Biblical idea that God prefers to act through His people, not without them. This in no way implies equality with God. It only implies God’s preference to accomplish His mission with His Church cooperating.
No believer literally expects that every single person will be born again. Scripture makes it very clear that the path to destruction is broad and many take it, contrasted with the narrow Way to eternal Life: Jesus. By declaring that Australia shall be saved, we are believing for and calling into being by faith a great revival and spiritual reformation with transformative effects on individuals, cities and Australia.
Finally, it is understood that there may be some theological differences resulting in some differences amongst mature believers, and there is plenty of room for that. No one’s identity or development as a believer is called into question by whatever degree they agree or disagree with non-essential doctrines, and love abounds amongst such differences since the Apostolic age.
Adapted from “A National Decree for God’s Watchmen“, by Dutch Sheets with Gene and Teri Bailey.
The Kingdom Declaration
As a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, I attest my highest allegiance to the Kingdom of God and obedience to the Great Commission. I will love my neighbour (every citizen and resident of the city and nation God has placed me in) by agreeing with God and publicly speaking what He says is true, good and just for the blessing of my neighbours.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Good News, is the redeeming power and greatest hope for individuals, cities and Australia
- We the Church are ambassadors and spokesmen for the Kingdom of God
- We are authorised and commissioned by Christ to bind and release things on earth, consistent with His prayer that God’s will be done on earth as it is in Heaven
- We are equipped to destroy every attempted advance of the enemy in our homes, city and nation, because of our new covenant with God through Jesus Christ
- Through authority in His Name and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we are His partners in influencing the world for good
IN JESUS’ NAME WE DECLARE:
- That the Prime Minister, Premiers & Chief Ministers, Ministers and other members of Australia’s parliaments will humbly rely on the blessing of Almighty God in the execution of their public service; remembering that God alone is unaccountable, and it is ultimately to Him that they will one day give full account
- That our parliaments will only enact laws and policies which are harmonious with righteousness, justice and mercy
- That our legal system and those who administer justice will only issue rulings that are restorative and faithful to the Constitution, honouring God’s Law above all, and never creative or indulgent
- That our national culture will be on guard against deceit and confusion from evil ideas
- That our nation is healthy and secure spiritually, economically, and in every strategic aspect
- That there will be no hindrance or limits to God-given freedoms
- That there is racial harmony and national unity in Australia
- That as public salt and light, we will lovingly and unapologetically declare God’s goodness and Truth in every sphere of society God has given us opportunity
- That we belong to God: the blood of Jesus covers and protects our homes, city and nation
- That evil has no right, authority or power in our homes, city or nation
- That our congregations and denominations seek God’s Kingdom and His righteousness first, and to live out Jesus’ prayer for unity
- That Australia is the Great South Land of the Holy Spirit, and AUSTRALIA SHALL BE SAVED!
Romans 1:16 – “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
Proverbs 18:21 – “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love its use will eat its fruit.”
Isaiah 55:11 – “So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”
Mark 11:22-24 – “Jesus said to them, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, if someone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. For this reason I tell you, whatever you pray and ask for, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
Matthew 6:10 – “…May Your kingdom come, may Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
Matthew 16:19 – “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will have been bound in heaven, and whatever you release on earth will have been released in heaven.”
Proverbs 29:2 – “When the righteous become numerous, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan.”
Amos 3:7 – “Certainly the Sovereign Lord does nothing without first revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.”
Matthew 28:18-20 – ” Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Mark 16:20 – “They went out and proclaimed everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the word through the accompanying signs.”
1 Timothy 2:1-4 – “First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercessions, and thanks be offered on behalf of all people, even for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. Such prayer for all is good and welcomed before God our Saviour, since He wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the Truth.”
Job 22:28 – “You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; and light will shine on your ways.”